National Digital Library
The Shillong Times
The Assam Tribune
Times of India
The North East Today
The Indian Express
UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION
MEGHALAYA PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
|Mendipathar College Library is established in the year 1971 since the inception of the College. It is located in the first floor of the Academic building. Its plays a vital role in the development of the students as well as faculty members. The Library cater to the information needs for students studying in arts streams and having a collection of around 17000+ books and 40 Journals/Magazine. A part from this the Library has a collection of reference sources such as Encyclopedia, Dictionary, Yearbook and Manual .It also subscribe daily newspaper of the state. An Integrated Library Management Software – KOHA is used in the Library to provide computerized services to the college community at large.
· The mission is to provide College students with the information they need to achieve their highest academic potential and help them acquire research skills necessary for lifelong learning. To support teaching faculty and administrative.
· The vision of the Library is to provide the right information to the right users at the right time and in the right format.
· To cultivate reading habits and to create an atmosphere where students and faculty teacher members may carry on the learning process enjoyable.
· To provide accessibility to information in a well organized and co-herent manner.
· To provide facilities to faculty teaching and student community for easy access and retrieval of information.
· To develop efficient and effective College Library which is adaptable to the changing academic environment.
- To become a member of the College Library, an applicant must fill out the registration form and submit it through proper channel to the Library, after they have registered themselves with the College Library the Library Card will be issued to them.
- The Library is primarily for the use of students, teachers and non-teaching staff of the College .
- Every members must possess his/her Library Card on entering the library and while making use of the Library facility
- The Library Card for all members will remain valid for the period mentioned on the Library Card and must be renewed in time.
- A book will only be issued to a Library member against production of Library Card issued by the Library.
- Library members are responsible for the safe custody of the Library Card issued to them. Loss of Library Card should be reported to the Library immediately and a duplicate Library Card will be issued to them.
- Before entering the library, all Library members are to write down their names in the register kept at the entrance.
- Bags and personal belongings are to be kept in the rack near the counter, except valuables such as wallets and Mobile phones (off mode). The Library authority will not be held responsible for any theft or loss of personal belongings.
- Personal or Library books are not allowed to be brought in or taken out of the Library without permission.
- Library card is non-transferable.
- Cleanliness is to be maintained inside the Library. Bringing in of any eatable items, including having tea is strictly prohibited to all library members.
- All Students is permitted to take a maximum of 3(three) books against the Library Card in an academic year.Time periods for keeping possession of the issued books is 7(Seven) days and the same have to be returned or renewed after the said time.
- Teaching Staff can borrow maximum 10 numbers of books during an academic year and time periods for keeping possession of the issued books is 30 days and the same have to be returned or renewed after the said time.
- Non- Teaching Staff can borrow maximum 5 numbers of books during an academic year and time periods for keeping possession of the issued books is 15 days and the same have to be returned or renewed after the said time.
- Reference books and Journals are not for issued.
- A fine of Rs. 2.00 per day will be collected for a general book kept beyond the due date.
- In case of loss of a book by the borrower he/she shall either replace the book or bear its cost. If the book is out of print, it may be replaced with a bound photocopy as per library If the book of a multi volume set is damaged or lost the member concerned shall be liable to replace the whole set or pay the cost of the same.
- Library members must not mutilate library materials by marking, underlining, removing pages or portions of pages, removing binding or in any other way damage or deface library materials.
- Clearance certificate will be issued to the student only after he/she has returned all the Library books and cleared all Library dues otherwise the issue of Mark Sheet and Certificate shall be withheld.
- On all working days the College Library will remain opened from 10.00 a.m. to 3 p. m.